Allegheny Airlines began as All American Aviation Company providing mail delivery in March 1939. In 1949, the company was renamed All American Airways as it switched from air mail to passenger service. Then in January 1953, it was renamed Allegheny Airlines. Allegheny Airlines was the first airline to create a network of affiliated regional airlines, the Allegheny Commuter System. After Allegheny Airlines rebranded itself as USAir, the company retained its earlier name for its Allegheny Commuter service, later renamed US Airways Express. Under USAir, the Allegheny name continued to be used by the parent company. While operating as US Airways, this aircraft bearing registration number N745VG was painted with the dual US Airways and Allegheny livery. Once US Airways was acquired by American Airlines, the aircraft underwent a livery update and this model reflects the current paint scheme, part of the American Airlines heritage livery series.